Saturday, May 1, 2010

More introductions

Today, Evan and I met with our officiant, Rev Patricia Grace, from St. Luke's. We made our 04 Dec 2010 date official and discussed what our premarital counseling sessions would be like. We learned a little bit about each other and got answered any questions we had for each other. Overall, it was pretty simple.

One issue she cringed at was that we (especially myself) want two ring bearers and two flower girls. And if you know who those four are going to be, you would not cringe. Instead you would be exceptionally thrilled! My two nieces, nephew, and godson are adorable, kind, and downright wonderful!

Joel "Joey" Hood
I have known Joey all his life (he'll be 5 in July). He is the son of my Maid of Honor, Lindsay. He is super brilliant! He can tell you about dinosaurs, teach you some new vocabulary, and stay entertained for hours. He sings all sorts of songs, including originals. He loves his mommy! He used to bring her "presents" from his playground (rocks, sand). On a recent playdate to the Children's Museum of Atlanta, he played very well with the other children and helped take entertain Cameron.

Cameron Leverette
This is my first and only nephew. He is the son of my older sister Jessi. Cameron is a chubby ball of energy. He is super sweet and almost always smiling. I think the only time he's not smiling is when he's asleep. He loves exploring, learning, and getting dirty. Even though he may be entertained with just a piece of chalk and some sidewalk, his nearly-two-year-old self will just as quickly get up and start running. He runs everywhere; he somehow skipped the stage of walking. He loves my brother Josh. No one or thing else at my house matters until after he's found Josh -- not even a ball, which is saying something.

Kenleigh Turner
Kenleigh is my first niece given to me by my oldest sister Jaime. They currently live in Spangdahlem, Germany. I got the opportunity to visit and stay with for two weeks last Christmas/New Year's. So I got to spend plenty of time with Kenleigh and Jaime then. She was a doll! Sweet, entertaining, talkative, energetic, and fun! I was pretty much constantly laughing at her because she's so funny. And now that she has a baby sister, she does a great job of helping take care of her. I have no doubt that she will also do a great job of helping her sister walk and throw some flower petals (it won't be her first rodeo).

Aislynn Turner
I've never met Aislynn before in person. So, I don't know much about her personality. I know that she is kind of bipolar. I heard her once on the phone where she was crying for attention (and possibly because she was hungry) and then she starts laughing for no real reason other than she's a bipolar baby. Last I heard, she was attempting to crawl on her own. And I think that is good progress towards my demand of her must being able to walk by 04 Dec. Jaime is doing a great job helping her to reach that. But even if she can't walk by Dec, I'm sure Kenleigh will be dragging her sister "Aisawynn" down the aisle either way. Tongue out, eyes open seems to be her signature look.

1 comment: