Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I think I've found my dress

Yesterday was a great day! And it didn't even start out to be as great as it was. Evan's family was in Charlotte, NC for his cousin's high school graduation. They were going to make a special trip through Macon, GA to meet my mom for lunch. Evan is the only one from his family to have met my mom. She was shorthanded at the State Farm where she works, so she wasn't able to make it there, but I bargained to have Josh with me instead. Since we were going to be meeting in Macon, I thought it would be a good idea to stay at Lindsay's house the night before.

My good day started out when I took Josh with me to go apartment hunting in Atlanta. We visiting several places and liked about half of them. They each have their reason for why I like them (price, location, neighborhood, etc.) but there were three that stood out. The first one, Conservatory at Druid Hills, stood out due to its love for pets and it's location in a great area of Atlanta. It's also within the perimeter. There is a dog park for residents! Some rooms have fireplaces, some have decks/patios, kitchen was satisfactory (and the "tour guide" was from Milledgeville). The fourth(?) place we went to, Forest Hills, has a great price! They also have options with a loft and a spacious, private patio area. But that's about all they have. The bathrooms are tiny! It's good that those doors open out instead of in to the bathroom like most other bathrooms I've come across in my life. The last place we went to, The Abbey of East Cobb, had very friendly staff, pet and family friendly. Two features stand out that make The Abbey the best choice: 1) It's two traffic lights away from I-75 N! It's so easy to get to. 2) The entire complex was redone in 2008, including the kitchen. The kitchen that I saw at The Abbey stood out from ALL of the kitchens I had seen at ANY apartment I have checked out. It is small, but plenty of cabinet space and new appliances. (They also had spacious bathrooms!)

Then Josh and I went to Chick-fil-a for lunch before my orthodontist appointment at 2 pm. I had the new #2 which was a chicken sandwich with cheese, lettuce, and tomato. And then off to the orthodontist. It was my last adjustment, so I was already excited about that part. I thought I was going to have to wait 2 weeks before they could come off. But Dr. E told me to make an appointment for the next available time. IN ONE WEEK MY BRACES COME OFF! Yay! On the way to Macon, I told Josh that I wasn't sure which I was more excited about: getting my braces off next week or seeing Evan tomorrow. Josh and I both thought that I was more excited about the permanent mouth-piece being extracted next week.

And then Josh and I arrived at Lindsay's house. We had dinner then Lindsay wanted to show me her wedding dress she had chosen earlier in the week. So she and I went to David's Bridal to see her try her dress back on. Then she turned to me and said, "You know you want to try some on." I gladly put up the fight to try some on. I tried a few on. There were ones I liked, and didn't like at all. I kept on truckin' through the dresses I had chosen. There was one that I liked a lot but it was restricting, and short. There was another that was a "high to low." I liked the "high," but not the "to low" part. And then there was my dress. Yes, my dress. When I was wearing, I felt strong, without being masculine, and sexy, without being trampy. I like the minimal beading, the neckline, and surprisingly I like the train. I wasn't sure if I was going to love Lindsay or hate her for pressuring me into trying dresses on, but I do love her for it. Thanks, Lindsay!

2 comments:

  1. congratulations on the engagement, finding the right dress and scoring at Chick Fil A!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for no more braces!!!! And for the dress and everything else...... :)
    <3 Carrie

    ReplyDelete