Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Location, location, location

Location no. 1 is our our apartment. After Evan narrowed down all the apartments that Promove gave us based on our needs, he handed me a list of six apartments. I only went to four before calling it a day. But what we (I had Josh with me) found was pretty good place with an easy location -- that is if you consider fighting 285 traffic easy. But it's not that bad. It's two traffic lights away from I-75, so it's easy to get to, just a longer drive from Tech than anyone wants. Besides the ease/distance for the drive, it is a nice apartment, and more importantly, it's one we can afford.

Our second location is The GT Alumni House and that's for our reception site. We are both really excited about this place. It's a great venue and only three blocks away from All Saints' Episcopal Church! Both the church and the Alumni House have lots of parking spaces. Both lots should be able to support the number of guests we expect (combined if not alone).

And our last location is our individual locations for the rest of the summer. We will get to see each other this weekend for a few days and then not again until August 20th. This weekend we will be at a lake house in North Carolina that belongs to a former neighbor and remaining friend of the Valdyke family. After this weekend though, I'll be in a sunny Quantico, VA for Officer Candidate School. Evan will be vacationing with his family at their island in Minnesota. So while Evan is off having fun in a cabin surrounded by a lake, I will be running around surrounded by my peers all drenched in sweat. But I graduate on August 21st; family day is the day before.

Oh yeah, did I mention that Tech starts on August 23rd?

No comments:

Post a Comment