Monday, September 26, 2011

Missing You Monday

This post is dedicated to the ones I love who are stuck stranded in the States without me while I'm all the way without them on an Island Nation in the Pacific Ocean called Japan. Yes, that's right, I have loved ones. And you just might be one of them since you took the time to read something I wrote. In fact, I do love you for reading something I wrote.

Yep, here I am in Japan by myself. "Where's Evan?" you might be asking yourself. Well, that's a good question. See, he had to go do this thing called Surface Warfare Officer School (SWOS) pronounced "swauce" like (bbq) sauce but minus the condiment and add a "w" after the first letter. Yeah, he's been there for two-and-a-half weeks in Rhode Island while I've been here coaching, playing, and quitting coaching soccer. I've also been working on some paperwork for me to actually stay here and all the privileges that come with living here, like driving and seeing a doctor. Well, that all ends on Saturday (or Sunday if he doesn't get an earlier flight) when I get to see him again because he'll be done with that swaucey school of his and endure roughly 14 hours on one flight to Tokyo and then another 6 hours to get through customs, wait on his next flight, and the ride the bus all the way to Sasebo to see me.

So, for the first in the series of What America Has That Japan Doesn't and I'm Currently Missing (AKA Missing You Monday AKA What I Miss Most), this one's about you Evan (mostly) and the rest of my family where there were two birthdays since I've left and mine's up next. I miss you all where ever we are stranded without each other...hopefully missing me, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment