Sunday, January 1, 2012

Kyoto

Recently, Evan and I went to Kyoto. He had some leave stored up and there was the holiday stand-down for the Essex, so we took advantage of the opportunity. This was the first big trip that he and I had taken while in Japan. We had taken day trips before, but not anything that lasted as long as six days. I was fortunate enough to have the chance to go sightseeing with my new dSLR given to me as an anniversary gift from Evan. I took a little less than 2000 photos of the four days we went around the former capitol of Japan.

We saw many shrines and temples and gardens. After a while, they started to look just like the one before. However, there would be a slight difference that was uniquely intriguing that kept us going to the next one and the one after. This one, the Golden Pavilion, was probably most unique for obvious reasons.

As the days went on, I took fewer pictures of the massive, historic buildings and more of the smaller details and got more "artsy." I was tired of seeing the same things, so I created Kyoto in a way in which it made each place entertaining, different from the one before, all with a new perspective. I wanted to get pictures of Kyoto no one had ever taken before. Below are some of my favorite photos using my new camera and a different perspective.

(I must give Evan credit for finding this little lady. Without him, I wouldn't have been able to capture this gem.)




This was a part of supporting structure to a gate at one of the shrines. I saw it on the way out.




These are just a few of my favorite. But doesn't my camera do a good job of getting my idea across? Feel free to comment below about what you like and don't like.

No comments:

Post a Comment