Friday, August 26, 2011

Those damn Yankees!

Last week I wrapped up a show with the MilledgeVille Players called Damn Yankees. We started rehearsals in the beginning of July and went just about everyday singing, dancing, and passing the time backstage in between scenes.

I had a number of costume changes (5) and alternated genders each scene I was in. It was a challenge, but it was fun!

I started out as a housewife with my green dress, brown apron, and my gold jewelry...and black shoes.
After that was over I then quickly had to change to a baseball player.
That's right. I was a man, sans lipstick and blush. Well, at least I tried to pass it off. I know the people in the audience could tell (at least I hope so).  I sang a song, then had to change yet again to be female again.
I had to put back on the blush and lipstick, let my hair down, change my pants, and tie up my shirt. Though this wasn't my favorite part of the show, this was one of my favorites. This was a duet song and dance with one of the main characters, Lola. We were the "I love Joe fanclub" and sang a song that doesn't have anything to do with the show really. It's just a dance break to watch talented people dance as far as I know.

I went back to being a baseball player and sang "The Game" which is a song about women the game of baseball and not women. This was my favorite, because I got to be all googely-eyed during stories about women baseball.

Then I changed yet again to my least favorite costume that I didn't even take a picture of myself in it. I was a woman this time for a night club scene.

But I had fun even though it was tough to sit through a very long show each night. And I'm pretty proud of myself because I had bever had such a featured singing and dancing part as I did in this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment