Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The good, the bad, and the ugly

So, I'll dish out the good news first.

The good news is that Evan and I have been able to finally set up a meeting with the priest of St. Luke's. The meeting is set for the 21st of April (almost 5 whole months after the first time I tried to set up a meeting). This meeting will be our first marriage counseling session where we will be able to SET THE DATE!!! There have been some church policies that Fr. Dan has been strong about staying true to. One of the policies is that in order to be married at St. Luke's one of us must be a member of St. Luke's Episcopal. In addition to being an official member, we have to be an active member for a year before the wedding. In our defense, we have been going to church services at St. Luke's for one and two years AND it has taken them almost a half of a year to make us members.

The bad news:

I was having some symptoms last week where if a person has this it could be potentially bad or very bad. We're talking a stomach ulcer all the way to several cancers. I went to the doctor on Friday where they did a blood test. I had high but within the normal range of white blood cell count. Since I wasn't experiencing any pain or fever, I was to check back on Monday for another blood test and then we would go from there to find out what was wrong with me. Well, on Saturday morning I ran a 5K on Georgia Tech campus where I came in 1st place for females and 9th overall. Although that is very good news, I thought I was going to die. Literally. I ran at about a 7:30 min/mile, so I was dashing about for the whole thing. Fast; the whole time. I was just over half-way done when my stomach started hurting and I had to decide if I wanted to finish the race as the first female and win or if I wanted to live. I was faced with the die-lemma of death or a prize. I rationalized that since I was wining and was over half-way done, then I should continue the race and hope for the best. In case you can't tell, I didn't die and I won the race. So it's a win-win. But later that day and Sunday evening, my stomach started hurting plus I was warm to the touch. So I went to the emergency room. Actually, Evan and my mom were there too. They were so sweet to be there for me. We got to the hospital around 6 pm and didn't leave out of there until around 1 am. After waiting for a room, drinking disgusting dye that quickly reached my colon, waiting to go to radiology for a CT scan, getting scanned, waiting for the results, and then waiting for the doctor to come to my room to tell us what's wrong with me, we finally got a diagnoses. I have diverticulitis and an ovarian cyst.

And now for the ugly:

I GOT CO!! That is Battalion Commanding Officer. "How is that ugly?" Well, I may not have it after all. I may get shafted once again for no reason that seems to make sense. This past year, I was awarded the Battalion Master Chief position which isn't so bad, but I go the position after someone else did. Not just anyone else, this is a guy who has thought he's all that and a bag of potato chips ever since I've known him. He hasn't changed. I had more right to get it when I wanted to get it, but for a reason that seemed to not make sense (because it was based on one person's opinion and not fact) I was awarded the position for Spring semester. So while I should have gotten what I wanted, he did. TWO SEMESTERS IN A ROW! To make matters worse, he may be getting the same deal he did this year. HE may be CO for the Fall and I'm in the Spring. But I will not have that. If the permanent staff decide they want it that way, I'll come up with a plan. But unless their plan works for my benefit, I will not accept what they offer. That's how ugly it is.

[Edit: The "ugly" was based off a rumor which was based on the truth but more dramatic. He was not going to be CO, but XO in the Fall and I'm still CO, but just in the Spring. So, it's less ugly b/c he's not going to be CO and I'm still going to be CO, just in the Fall. I'm glad we're clear on that.]

No comments:

Post a Comment