Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Update

Okay, so I know that the last post said something along the lines of we would have a date by now and would have met with Fr. Dan this morning, but I got a phone call yesterday. Now don't jump to conclusions, they didn't cancel on us. Well, actually, they did. BUT that's because he has too many weddings to do this year and will not be able to do ours. Luckily, they have more than one priest (I guess because it's Atlanta and they can afford to do that sort of thing).

Instead of working with Dan, we will be working with Rev. Pat Grace. I talked to her yesterday and she seems stoked that she gets to work with us! That made me happy. The hard part is that her schedule doesn't match up well with mine and Evan's. So we are trying to work that part out with just getting to meet her. (and storming the church like last time won't work because she wont be there). She did ask what date we wanted and I told her. She had to check the calendar and get back to me on that one. She did claim that they don't get many weddings in December so the 4th should be open. Another aspect that made me happy.

So, within a few hours, Fr. Dan had to cancel on us, the secretary sent me an email, then before I had a chance to read it called me, and then I was point on the line with Pat (had to leave a message), she called me back, and we set a tentative appointment for this Thursday at 3:30 pm. But then Evan has class, so we now have to reschedule, hopefully for later in that day.

Prayers and luck wishes are appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment